Recently elected Minister of Culture, the Honorable Mark AG Brantley, met with members of the newly appointed Nevis Culturama Festival Central Committee at the Conference Room of the Nevis Island Administration Building on Tuesday afternoon February 19th 2013.
In his remarks to the committee Minister Brantley underscored the importance of giving new life to Nevis’ Culturama Festival so that we can once again have a large influx of returning nationals to Nevis during the summer months. This he said can only be achieved if we stage a festival of class in 2013 and thereafter take the same momentum from 2013 into 2014 when Nevis Culturama Festival would celebrate its 40th anniversary.
Minister Brantley also stressed the importance of encouraging fringed activities which he said would add value and excitement to the overall Culturama experience and encourages visitors and returning nationals to want to come back to Culturama year after year. He further stated that the new Administration would be looking towards improving the physical appearance of and conditions at the main Culturama venues so that persons can be more comfortable while patronizing the events at these venues.
The members of the 2013 Nevis Culturama Festival Central Committee are:
- Dr. Patricia Bartlette Chair of the Central Committee
- Cavelle Powell and Garrett Skeete Co-chair Ms Culture Pageants
- Patricia Jeffers and Lloyd Lescott Co-chair Senior Kaiso Contest
- Shirley Wilkes Mr and Ms Talented Youth Pageant
- Livingston Liburd Junior Kaiso Contest
- Karen Amory Cultural Food Fair
- Ricky Hill Street Activities
- Tamica Lawrence Ms Teen Nevis
- Lorna Hunkins Financial Controller
- Keith Glasgow Judges Coordinator
- Joseph Liburd Director of Security
- Abonaty Liburd Executive Director, Marketing and Sponsorship
- Jean Caines Secretary
Also present at the meeting was recently appointed Chief Executive Officer of the Nevis Cultural Development Foundation Mr. Keith “Dis and Dat” Scarborough.