- Field Technician (St. Kitts)
- Field Technician (Nevis)
The Field Technician will be responsible for the installation, commissioning, monitoring and maintaining of telecommunications and ancillary systems/equipment. This will involve company and customer systems/equipment and may often require the technician to mentor or train Apprentice Technicians within his/her team.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and perform installation, commissioning, testing, operations and maintenance of company & customer systems/equipment in accordance with the relevant accepted standards for the equipment to include work done by company staff and contractors.
- Oversee and participate in processes that monitor & assess systems alarms, logs and fault reports; identifies existing & potential trouble areas and promptly takes appropriate action to resolve.
- Performs all tasks necessary to ensure the accuracy of all relevant company records and databases
- Use accepted procedures for the prompt reporting and/or escalation of troubles to the next level of maintenance or supervision.
- Provides technical and outage reports and all other correspondence in a timely manner. Provides input as requested in the development of proposals, etc. to support the commercial team.
- Oversee and perform routine tasks such as backups and other related procedures to ensure proper business continuity processes are completed for company and customers.
- Ensure compliance with manufacturer’s and company’s standard operating procedures/best practices.
- Ensure timely execution of work orders, cut sheets, fault dockets and any other related job directives in accordance with relevant SLAs.
- Assist in order processing for material procurement.
- Associate Degree or equivalent in an engineering discipline e.g. City & Guilds, etc.
- Accredited Manufacturer Certification
- At least four (4) years’ experience in a related role.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of management, technical personnel, contractors and the general public.
- Team orientation. Excellent organization skills. Excellent Microsoft Office Skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast pace environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving acumen; this enables support and assistance in troubleshooting of customer and network based issues.
- Possess strong knowledge in the following areas;
Network Management Control System, Basic Electronics; Internet, Customer Information System (CIS), PeopleSoft, SAP; Switching and Transmission, PBX, CPE, Power and Data Systems, Mobile and Line Plant
- Ability to read and interpret manuals, circuit diagrams, schematic drawings and engineering records.
- Possess programming knowledge
- Strong competence in the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Prior experience in the Telecoms or Cable industries preferred
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send your application and CV via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st April 2017.