NIA CHARLESTOWN NEVIS (April 18, 2016) — The following is an announcement from the Department of Human Resource Management in the Premier’s Ministry dated April 15, 2016, regarding the availability of Cuban Scholarships for study in 2016.
The Government of the Republic of Cuba is pleased to announce the availability of 10 scholarships to enable citizens of the Federation of St. Kitts and Nevis to pursue studies in Cuba.
The available scholarships are as follows:
Five (5) for Medicinal Sciences
Two (2) for Postgraduate Studies in the following areas:
– Internal Medicine
– Gynaecology and Obstetrics
– General Surgery
– Hygiene and epidemiology
One (1) for Civil Engineering
Two (2) for Health Technologies (Bachelor’s Degree)
Please note that the deadline for the submission of applications to the Human Resource Management Department (HRMD) is Friday, May 06, 2016. At the time of completing the applications, persons are required to submit:
– A certified copy of their birth certificate
– A certified copy of their high school transcripts and certificate
– A certified copy of their Caribbean Advances Proficiency Examination (CAPE) transcripts and certificate
– A certified copy of their passport information page
– A certified copy of their immunization card
– A police record (not older than three months)
– Medical Report (must include: Women – pregnancy test, General – HIV test, Chest x-ray)
– Ten (10) passport sized photos
Persons desirous of obtaining any of the scholarships, can collect the application forms from the HRMD office, Nevis Island Administration, Bath Plain. Completed applications should be submitted to the department by 27 April, 2016.
Further information and/or instructions can be obtained upon arrival at the HRMD.