Basseterre, St. Kitts, December 09, 2015 (SKNIS)—The formal meetings of the Cabinet took place on November 16 and December 07, 2015. The meetings were chaired by the Prime Minister, Dr. the Honourable Timothy Harris.
- Cabinet approved a company to operate a diving school in the Federation. The diving school has the support of the maritime division since it will build capacity of the Coast Guard, improve marine resources and enable the Federation to have the use of two hyperbaric chambers.
- The High Command of the Royal St. Christopher and Nevis Police Force (RSCNPF) briefed the Cabinet on the crime situation in the country and the efforts being made to have the situation brought under control. To this end, the Government has invested in the acquisition of another six (6) canines, the mounting of additional closed circuit television (CCTV) surveillance cameras and increased patrols in known hotspots. This shows the continued commitment of the Government to law and order.
- Officers of the Ministry of Finance gave a presentation to the Cabinet on the 2015 Budget exercise. They reminded the Cabinet that the country was still under the IMF Monitoring Programme.
- Prime Minister, Dr. the Honourable Timothy Harris, reported on his trips where he attended the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting in Malta, The 21st Conference of Parties (COP 21) Climate Change Conference in France and the launch of “Belong” by Levic Communications in Washington D. C. “Belong” is a magazine that promotes the Citizenship-by-Investment Programme in St. Kitts and Nevis, Dominica and Grenada.
- Cabinet approved an Anti-terrorism (amendment) Bill.