ST GEORGE’S, Grenada (GIS) — Grenada’s National Disaster Management Agency (NaDMA) will spearhead local efforts to provide storm relief for St Vincent, Saint Lucia and Dominica.
At a meeting of the National Emergency Advisory Council (NEAC) held on Thursday, it was decided that the agency would concentrate on two main activities as follows:
– Account # 12100490 has been activated at the Grenada Cooperative Bank, and the general public can make contributions
– A 40ft container of relief items will be shipped to St Vincent, on Monday, January 13, 2014.
The government of Trinidad and Tobago will provide transportation for the container of goods from Grenada to St Vincent.
A four-member sub-committee comprising members from NaDMA, Grenada Red Cross, LIME and the Rotary Clubs of Grenada, was established to plan and execute the activities.
The general public is asked to take note of the following:
1. Citizens can make deposits to Account # 12100490 at any Branch of the Grenada Cooperative Bank Ltd
2. Contributions towards the items for the 40ft container can be dropped off at the following locations between the hours of 8:00 am, and 5:00 pm, on January 6, 7, and 8:
– The NaDMA headquarters at Fort Frederick, Richmond Hill
– Grenada Red Cross Building, Upper Lucas Street, St George’s
– Downstairs Celia Clyne Edwards Law Office on Old Fort, St George’s
3. The following items are being requested from the general public:
– New mattresses – single and double
– Toiletries (toilet paper, bath soap, shampoo, toothpaste, tooth brushes, sanitary pads, adult and children disposable diapers)
– Foodstuff (canned and packaged non-perishable items). Items should not be dented, should not be expired, must have the labels