1. What is your name and age, and where do you presently reside?
• My name is Cherrisa Maynard, I am 21 years of age and I’m from the peaceful village of Butlers, Eden Brown Estate.
2. Name all institutions where you’ve attained your education, from Pre School up.
• I attended Shining Star Pre School, then I went on to the St. James Primary School and my last stop was at the Gingerland Secondary School.
3. How would you describe yourself?
• I’m a fun outgoing person with a pretty personality.
4. What is the one thing about you that you like best and why?
• I honestly love my outgoing personality because people see me as a quiet person but once they get to know me they see how much fun I am.
5. Outline the things you enjoy doing during your leisure time.
• I love spending time with my mom and spending time with my girls and I absolutely love to go hiking.
6. What is your present occupation and are you enjoying it?
• I presently work at Fourseason Resorts part time and when I do go to work I really do enjoy it.
7. Are you presently involved/or were involved in any community groups, sports clubs, modelling agencies, red cross or such like? If so, what benefits do you get from this?
• I was a member of the Unesco Youth Path Training Programme 2010, I’m apart of the Dynamics Netball team and I model for Frisky Designs. Playing netball gives me that work out that I need to keep me fit and in shape plus I just love the game. Modelling gives me the opportunity to meet other people and travel, just like netball it’s just something I love doing so much it’s a wonderful experience.
8. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
• I wouldn’t change a thing because if I wasn’t raised the way I was I wouldn’t be the strong person I am today.
9. Name one person other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life. Why?
• Winston Fyfield, He taught me to stand up for myself in the right situations and to just keep calm and be myself no matter what, for that am grateful.
10. No matter how simple it is, what would you say is your proudest personal achievement to date?
• My biggest achievement is the fact that from a child I made up my mind that I would not fall in the trap of teenage pregnancy and I’m proud to say that I lived up to my goal.
11. Explain an embarrassing moment or situation that you remember happened to you. (ha ha ha)
• I was at a dance and I went into the bathroom when I was walking to the other side or the dance floor someone stopped me to tell me there was toilet paper stuck to my shoes.
12. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
• Never joke about my mother.
13. What would you say is your life’s mantra (motto)?
• I’m strong because I know my weakness, I’m beautiful because I’m aware of my flaws and I’m wise because I learn from mistakes.
14. What do you value most in a relationship?
• I look for TRUST in a relationship.
15. Name a Song that always makes you think about a special person.
• Avant – Don’t know How
16. If you could trade places with anyone in the world who would it be and why?
• I love being me, there’s no other person I’d rather be than myself.
17. If you were guaranteed honest responses to two questions by a world famous personality, whom would you question, and what would you ask?
• I would question Rhiannna. My first question for her would be “what motivated her to become a singer” and my second question for her would be “what was here greatest and most memorable moment as a singer”.
18. What was the high point of this year so far?
• The high point this year for me really is that I’ve accomplished so much with so little am just proud of the person I am and the person I’ve become
19. 10 years from now, what do you hope to have accomplished?
• 10 years from now I hope to be alive and well and I hope to accomplish the rest of my goals like furthering my modelling skills and representing our little Island Nevis
20. Have you ever entered a pageant(s)? If so, name it/them and your position placed.
• I haven’t entered any pageants, this is actually my first.
21. Other than wining the Miss Culture Swim Wear Contest, what do you hope to achieve by being crowned Miss Culture Swim Wear 2013?
• I hope to set an example for the younger generation, some people see this swear wear show as young girls just being naked on stage but there’s more to it than that. It’s about physical fitness, creativity, discipline & it’s a wonderful opportunity to have the experience.
22. What do you want the judges to know about you?
• I’d like them to know that am ready to BRING IT!!!
23. Give three words that best describe Nevis Culturama.
• Fun, Creative & Unique
24. If you had one wish for Nevis’ Culturama, what would it be?
• My wish will be that more people participate in the events.
25. How are preparations for the Miss Culture Swim Wear Contest going so far?
• Its going wonderful so far.
26. Be truthful! How is the relationship with the other contestants?
• It’s amazing we all get along very well.
27. Are you enjoying working with the planning committee?
• Yes I am, they are so adorable.
28. Is the pageant what you imagined it to be?
• It’s not really what I imagined it to be, it’s even better.
29. From your experience so far, would you encourage other young ladies to enter the Miss Culture Swim Wear Contest? Why?
• Yes I would, reason been is that it’s a fun experience and you get to meet new people and it’s a phenomenal experience.
30. Lights, Camera! Action! You are announced Miss Culture Swim Wear 2013…What would be your first reaction? (LOL)
• I’d be like “WOW” and strike a pose
We want to know some of your favourite things:
31. Favourite colour: Purple
32. Favourite gadget: My BlackBerry
33.Favourite wardrobe item: My High Heel Shoes
34.Favourite TV Show: Love & HipHop
35.Favourite local food: Saltfish & Dumplin
36. Favourite local song: NichaB – Bounce and skant
37. Favourite local band: Odisi Band
38. Favourite time period of the day: When am at the garage
39. Favourite place to be: At home
40. Favourite body part (lol): My legs
Good Luck with your preparations for the show.