1. What is your name and age, and where do you presently reside?
My name is Jermaine Arthurton, 26yrs old and I presently live in Rambury Site, Nevis.
2. Name all institutions where you’ve attained your education, from Pre School up.
Maude Smith Pre-school
Charlestown Primary School
Charlestown Secoundary School
3. How would you describe yourself?
I’m a GO GETTER; I’m the type of person who goes the extra mile to get what I want.
4. What is the one thing about you that makes you kool?
The one thing about me that make me kool is MY ATTITUDE
5. Outline the things you enjoy doing during your leisure time.
– Going to St. Kitts to watch a movie.
– Going to the beach on a hot day.
– Quality family time.
– Caring for my dogs (Chico & Pretzel)
6. What is your present occupation and are you enjoying it?
Conference Services Coordinator (Four Seasons Resort), I certainly enjoy my job.
7. Are you presently involved / or were involved in any community groups, sports clubs, modelling agencies, red cross or such like? If so, what benefits do you get from this?
I was a member of the Boy Scouts which taught me insurmountable lifestyle values such as always be prepared and always be willing to lend a hand.
8. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
I would not change anything about the way I was raised because of the valuable lessons I have learned throughout the years.
9. Name one person other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life. Why?
The one person other than my parents that influence my life would be Daniel Arthurton, He has been a source of encouragement throughout my life.
10. No matter how simple it is, what would you say is your proudest personal achievement to date?
My proudest personal achievement to date is losing 110lbs through dieting and exercise.
11. Explain an embarrassing moment or situation that you remember happened to you. (LOL)
When I was in high school, I was standing on the edge of the “block” and someone touched me and I fell. I was so ashamed I got up so fast and ran straight home.
12. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
I prefer that people don’t joke about disabilities and illnesses.
13. What would you say is your life’s mantra (motto)?
My life mantra is “Everything happened for a reason”
14. What do you value most in a relationship?
In a relationship I value trust the most.
15. Name a Song that always makes you think about a special person.
The song that always makes me think of that special person has to be stay by Rihanna.
16. If you could trade places with anyone in the world who would it be and why?
President Barack Obama
I would like to have that feeling of being one of the world’s most important and influential person to date.
17. If you were guaranteed honest responses to two questions by a world famous personality, whom would you question, and what would you ask?
1. How does it real feel being so rich?
2. Are really as happy as you appear on TV?
18. What was the high point of this year so far?
The high point of my year so far was being accepted as participant for this year’s Mr. Kool Contest.
19. 10 years from now, what do you hope to have accomplished?
10 years from now I would like to be CEO & Owner of my own Events Planning Company.
20. Have you ever entered a contest such as this one?
No, this is the first contest.
21. Other than wining the Mr. Kool Contest, what do you hope to achieve by being crowned Mr. Kool 2013?
I hope to be an inspiration to others with weight problems and encourage people to live a healthy life and they too can achieve their dreams.
22. What do you want the judges to know about you?
I am very family oriented, being an only boy amongst three sisters and a niece I am very protective of the women in my life. I ensure that we spend quality time together and continue to strengthen the bond we all share.
23. Give three words that best describes Nevis’ Culturama.
Unlike no other.
24. If you had one wish for Nevis’ Culturama, what would it be?
My wish would be for it to be fulfilled and crime free.
25. How are preparations for the Mr. Kool Contest going so far?
Preparation for the show is going good. I’m looking forward to the night of the show.
26. How is it relating with the other participants?
The 2013 Mr. Kool participants have a relatively good relationship, we communicate via our whatsapp group every day.
27. Are you enjoying working with the planning committee?
So far working with the planning committee has been enjoyable.
28. Is the contest what you imagined it to be?
No actually, it is far better.
29. From your experience so far, would you encourage other young males to enter the Mr. Kool Contest?
30. Lights, Camera! Action! You are announced Mr. Kool 2013…What would be your first reaction?
I would be jumping up and down the stage like a crazy man.
We want to know some of your favourite things:
31. Favourite sport:
While I’m not an avid sports fan I enjoy attending athletics meets.
32. Favourite gadget:
My favourite gadget is my cell phone.
33. Favourite vehicle of choice:
My favourite vehicle of choice would be a BMW Convertible
34. Favourite TV Show:
My favourite TV show is Law & Order SVU
35. Favourite local food:
My favourite local food is Cook Up with pork
36. Favourite local song:
My favourite local song is “It’s My Life” – Infamous
37. Favourite local band:
My favourite local band is Nu Vibes (Sugar Band)
38. Favourite time period of the day:
My favourite time of day is in the morning. I’m a morning person around 5:00am to 11:00am
39. Favourite place to be:
My favourite place to be is in my bedroom
40. Favourite body part:
My favourite body part is my shoulders
Good Luck with your preparations for the contest.