1.What is your name and age, and where do you presently reside?
Answer: My name is Vandon Samuel and I currently reside in Anguilla but I was raise in Nevis grove Park range.
2. Name all institutions where you’ve attained your education, from Pre School up.
Answer: Preschool- Charlestown Preschool
Primary – Charlestown Primary School/Red Bank Elementary (USA)
High School-Charlestown Secondary School/Albena Lake Hodge Comprehensive School
I know it’s a lot of schools, everybody want piece a me
3. How would you describe yourself?
Answer: Laid-back, Random, Impatient at times, Crazy, talkative and Difficult. Yea I’m awesome.
4. What is the one thing about you that makes you kool?
Answer: My Dimple, even though I only have one that is what the ladies notice a lot.
5. Outline the things you enjoy doing during your leisure time.
Answer: Draw, Play game, Annoy my girlfriend, Write Poetry. Fun but tiring at times
6. What is your present occupation and are you enjoying it?
Answer: Bellman at the Viceroy Hotel. I like it sometimes when am not being harassed and when the tips are flowing smooth.
7. Are you presently involved / or were involved in any community groups, sports clubs, modelling agencies, red cross or such like? If so, what benefits do you get from this?
Answer: I used to dance with Klassique academy of Dance and Performing Arts. I always loved to dance and klassique improved my skills and taught me things I never would have learnt on my own.
8. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
Answer: Having to bathe in cold water, especially in the night.
9. Name one person other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life. Why?
Answer: Michael Jackson, the man can dance.
10. No matter how simple it is, what would you say is your proudest personal achievement to date?
Answer: Learning to tie my shoes by myself.
11. Explain an embarrassing moment or situation that you remember happened to you. (LOL)
Answer: In dance class, we were doing ballet kicks. The aim was to kick as high as you can an still stand straight on one leg, when I tried I kick to high and my supporting leg went forward. We all know I don’t have any wings so I end up sitting down instead.
12. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
Answer: Mocking a Special needs person.
13. What would you say is your life’s mantra (motto)?
Answer: Giving up is never an option unless you’re playing game/ Quitting is for the dead
14. What do you value most in a relationship?
Answer: Trust, Communication and Affection
15. Name a Song that always makes you think about a special person.
Answer: “Thank you momma” by Gyptian
16. If you could trade places with anyone in the world who would it be and why?
Answer: Usher, he can dance and sing plus if I’m doing a concert and a bunch of ladies throw panties at me, I’ll feel pretty good.
17. If you were guaranteed honest responses to two questions by a world famous personality, whom would you question, and what would you ask?
Answer: I would question Oprah, and I would ask her why she doesn’t have any kids and if she would adopt me (so I can inherit some of her money.)
18. What was the high point of this year so far?
Answer: My high point was when I found out I was accepted into the show.
19. 10 years from now, what do you hope to have accomplished?
Answer: I want to have my own business, “I’m tired of working for people man. I want to start a personal concierge business.”
20. Have you ever entered a contest such as this one?
Answer: Nope this is the first
21. Other than wining the Mr. Kool Contest, what do you hope to achieve by being crowned Mr. Kool 2013?
Answer: “Honestly other than getting de crown, I just want show people that a show like this don’t just give you something to do but it build you in a lot a ways”
22. What do you want the judges to know about you?
Answer: All the judges need to know about me is when it comes to competitions I don’t go down easy.
23. Give three words that best describes Nevis’ Culturama.
Answer: 3 words that describe Culturama -Fun, Mass and Epic
24. If you had one wish for Nevis’ Culturama, what would it be?
Answer: My one wish would be that it happen twice a year instead of once but different things each time, more shows for men
25. How are preparations for the Mr. Kool Contest going so far?
Answer: “Preparations going smooth, I got a few things to do but other than that smooth like water when ur throat dry”
26. How is it relating with the other participants?
Answer: The other participants great Nic,Hal,Son and Don I know them gone come good so I got to be on my toes.
27. Are you enjoying working with the planning committee?
Answer: Let me put it like this if the planning committee change right now the show gone taste like lime ( Gee a boss )
28. Is the contest what you imagined it to be?
Answer: Yea it is actually.
29. From your experience so far, would you encourage other young males to enter the Mr. Kool Contest?
Answer: Of course, like a say in one of the previous question Mr. kool does build you mentally physically and definitely. Mr.Kool is not a show that would break you at all.
30. Lights, Camera! Action! You are announced Mr. Kool 2013…What would be your first reaction?
Answer: If my name is called, I Promise I do a back flip on stage after I shake the hands of the rest participants.
We want to know some of your favourite things:
31. Favourite sport: Football and Volley ball
32. Favourite gadget: Any game system
33. Favourite vehicle of choice: Harley Davison
34. Favourite TV Show: The Mentalist
35. Favourite local food: Anything, as long as it no eat me first
36. Favourite local song: I am so sorry but I do not have any of those
37. Favourite local band: I am sorry but the bands lose their flavour
38. Favourite time period of the day: In the night
39. Favourite place to be: At the beach
40. Favourite body part: My Right cheek because it got my dimple on it
Good Luck with your preparations for the contest.