JOB STATUS : FULL TIME
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Senior Accountant at the Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited.
Senior Accountant will be responsible for advanced accounting functions including preparing monthly management accounts, statutory and regulatory filings and special projects; provide financial analysis and have responsibility for ensuring financial records and reports are accurate and reliable, and are in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards and regulatory requirements.
EDUCATION/QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree and at least five (5) years experience performing mid-level accounting and finance functions, preferably in a financial institution accounting department. An internationally recognized accounting qualification (e.g. CPA/ACCA/CMA) designation or graduate degree would be an advantage. Advanced knowledge and experience in Excel spreadsheet development, accounting controls, budgeting, financial analysis and consolidations and management reporting; Demonstrated experience in the application of the following topics within the financial services industry: investment and fee accounting, cost/benefit analysis, reconciliations, interest analysis, financial controls. Knowledge in the application of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) in a financial services industry context
- Complete Statistical Analysis, Statutory Returns and Regulatory Reporting
- Manage the Investment Portfolio, Card Services and Credit Union Assets
- Liaise with the Operations and Loans Departments for cash management
- Recommend actions on strategic issues, including service to members
- Undertake Cost Benefit Analysis for Capital Investments, New services and Special Projects
- Supervise the Accounts Department and participate in Management Meetings in the absence of the Accounts Manager.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good leadership qualities with interpersonal, supervisory and communication skills
- Strong problem solving and creative skills; High level of integrity and dependability
Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
Application and two (2) references may be sent to:
The General Manager
Nevis Co-operative Credit Union Limited
PO. Box 452, Chapel Street
All applications must be received not later than Wednesday June 27, 2018