Sunday March 8th, the Federation of the St. Kitts & Nevis observed World International Women’s Day. LIME the Federation’s sole full service telecommunications provider observed the day by acknowledging the sterling contributions made by one of our exceptional female professionals, Mrs. Eurta Chiverton.
Mrs. Chiverton currently employed as Telecoms Manager at the Department of Technology Government of St. Christopher and Nevis, has had an illustrious career spanning some 16 year as a Public Servant. Eurta gained creditability firstly, as a Teacher at the Sandy Point High School, where she served for two years before departing for the University of the West Indies where she received a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and Management.
Upon her re-entry into the Public Service she was appointed as Project Manager for the Electricity and Water Utility Billing Project where she gained popularity as being lead manager in the implementation of the Electronic Billing System Project before moving on to her current Post at the Government ICT Department. Her recent appointment as Systems Coordinator allows Eurta to harness the potential of Information and Technology as the vehicle for government to embrace ICT in its Strategic Objectives and as such is leading the charge to fully utilize enhanced telecommunications tools within the Public Sector.
Her Professional training has allowed her to pursue courses in the following areas:
- Diplo Foundation Course of the Internet Governance and ICT Policy Capacity Building Program
- Teracom Training Institute , Understanding Voice over IP- Silicon Valley , USA
- Teracom Training Institute , Telecom, Datacom and Networking for Non Engineering Professionals- Silicon Valley, USA
- Social media training- Paris , France
- Mitel 3300 Systems Administrators Course
- AS400 Operator Training
- AS400 Query Training
- Project and Change Management Training
- USTTI Cybersecurity Training – Washington DC
- E-Government for CARICOM Countries –Korea International Cooperation Agency & Kookmin Institute of Strategic Governance
- Cloud Computing training – Taiwan ICDF
Currently, Ms. Chiverton is pursuing her master degree in Project Management and is a member of the Project Management Institute, renowned for being ‘The World Leading Professional Association for Project Management’.
Eurta enjoys spending time working in her garden as a means of unwinding from her daily duties, as well as researching and pursuing home improvement projects as an avid do-it-yourselfer with her loving husband and two children. Together they also serve the Lord as Sunday School Teachers and students at Grace and Truth Assembly Hall in St. Kitts and Nevis.
LIME wishes to commend Eurta for all her accomplishments in her chosen field and to say thanks for being the shining beacon for professional women within the Federation and further afield.