Press Release :The Embassy of the United Mexican States to the Eastern Caribbean States
The Embassy of the United Mexican States to Saint Lucia wishes to announce the launch of the call for the Translation Support Programme 2018 (PROTRAD), of by the Government of Mexico. The objective of the programme is to incentivize cultural and artistic exchange between Mexico and the rest of the world, particularly through the promotion of literature.
For this purpose, the Government of Mexico will offer financial support to:
• Caribbean and foreign publishers interested in undertaking projects comprising full-length book translation and publication of works by Mexican authors into foreign languages.
• Caribbean and foreign publishers interested in undertaking full-length-book translation and publication of works in indigenous languages from Mexico into other languages, or works in other languages into indigenous languages from Mexico.
Persons who are interested in applying for the said call must register on the online portal under one of the following categories:
• Category A: $15,000 USD for translation and publication of books specializing in literature and humanities, to be completed within twelve months.
• Category B: $15,000 to $25,000 USD for the translation and publication of art books, to be completed within twelve months.
• Category C: $30,000 to $50,000 USD for the translation and publication of a series of at least three books specializing in the following fields: literature, humanities or art, to be completed within twenty-four months.
For more information, please consult the link: https://bit.ly/2DouEOP or contact the Embassy via telephone number 1 (758) 451-4254/4257 or at email@example.com. The deadline for the call is on February 22, 2019.