Charlestown Nevis- Today the Premier of Nevis the Honourable Mark Brantley presented the Nevis budget for this year 2018. The Premier said the Nevis Island Administration will seek to implement the following initiatives:
- Commencement of the discussion on Legislative changes to the VAT and CIT Legislation to increase revenue base in Nevis
- Continuation of the road rehabilitation works in Brown Hill and commencement of road works in Craddock Road and Bath Village
- Procurement of a CT Scan machine to complement the array of services presently offered at the Alexandra Hospital
- Launching of the Youth Agri-preneurship Incubator Program to build awareness and promote Agriculture especially among our youths
- Launching of the Small Business Development Centre to promote innovative entrepreneurial development
- Appointing a Lawyer to assist the police with the prosecution of criminal cases
- Establishing an Information Technology Department to advance our country’s ICT development
- Further upgrades to our education infrastructure to fully implement the TVET Program
- Fully implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as set by the United Nations to advance the socio-economic wellbeing of our people.
The NIA Budget Debate will continue tomorrow at 10am.