The creativity and work of hair stylist to the stars Nevisian Petula Skeete was featured at this past weekend’s Oscars in Los Angeles, California.
Skeete is Good Morning America’s host Robin Roberts’ personal hair stylist and has been not only Robert’s hair stylists for years but also a member of the Good Morning America’s glamour team also known as the GMA Beauty Brigade which has been featured on the show as seen here: http://vimeo.com/36521396 .
In a recent interview with Diane Sawyer Roberts spoke about calling her hair stylist Petula Skeete to shave her hair the day before she entered the hospital for Cancer Treatment It was a decision Roberts said she made to take control in her life. http://abcnews.go.com/Health/robin-roberts-journey-inside-courageous-fight-mds/story?id=18562093
Skeete along with Kittitian Sandra Wallace were are part of Robin Roberts glamour team that accompanied Roberts to this year’s Oscars Ceremony and made the Cancer stricken GMA
Host the talk of the Oscar red carpet.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxYElBKIGZc
Skeete operates at the Royal Mountain Salon on West 23rd Street in Manhattan New York.
However the Nevisian stylist has begun plans to open and operate a salon in Nevis which will not only cater to the Nevisian public but also to the many celebrity clients that often come to the island for vacation at Four Seasons.
Here is a few Hair Tips from Petula
Petula Skeete’s Hair Tips
- When changing hairstyles, take into consideration how much time you have for styling every day.
- Too much heat can damage hair. Regulate temperature to heat texture. The coarser the hair, the more heat you can use.
- Trim hair every six to eight weeks to maintain shape and style.
- Use moisturizing products or a leave-in conditioner after every chemical hair service.
- If hair is dry, give a moisture treatment. If hair is shedding or breaking, give a protein treatment.
Petula’s salon is Royal Mountain Salon in Manhattan — 212-787-7528.