The St. Kitts Nevis Anguilla Trading & Development Co. Ltd (TDC) is seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill the position of Senior Information Technology Specialist for the TDC Group. The successful candidate would be responsible for assessing, planning and monitoring operational requirements, research strategies and technology solutions and build the most secure, cost effective, secure and efficient systems to achieve organizational objectives across both our retail and service business units.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- The ability to advise the Company on its IT strategy for the benefit of all its business areas
- Ensure the security of the Company’s IT systems with protection from internal and external threats
- Ensure smooth change over from old to new systems/technology
- Facilitate the integration of IT Systems across the Group
- Ensure proper integration of the Company’s systems and networks
- Evaluate user needs and system functionality to ensure that systems continue to meet business needs.
- Manage / advise on the purchase of IT Solutions, equipment and software products
- Ensure a very robust process is in place for system backups and disaster recovery
- A Degree or other formal training in Computer or Information Systems. Special industry certificates acquired should also be included. A post graduate degree would be an asset.
- At least 5 yrs experience in a corporate environment working with and managing various IT Systems, Network and Infrastructure Design, Planning and Installation and Upgrades.
- Indepth knowledge of and working experience with Linux, Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of IT Systems Integration, Programming and Web Development.
- Must be able to function in a Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 Server environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of developing IT security systems and policies to protect the business from internal and external risks.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to also work with a team.
An attractive compensation package is available commensurate with qualifications and experience. Company benefits also included. Applications should be received before Friday 20th February, 2015 and should be sent to:
TDC Human Resources Department