The Nevis Historical and Conservation Society has an opening for the position of Executive Director of the NHCS. NHCS, Charlestown, Nevis
Salary shall be commensurate with experience, within the range of $54k to $60k EC Dollars P.A
Executive Director : Summary of Responsibilities :
- Responsible for administrative matters and management of personnel
- Ensures that all NHCS staff are trained in Museum and Archives offerings and arranges that galleries and facilities are staffed adequately during museum hours and staffed for school visits, out of hours visits by foreign visitors and weekend outreach programmes.
- Development of programme goals and long range planning working with the Board and staff and Committee members to expand the accessibility of NHCS facilities and projects to the local community.
- Assist with logistics of exhibitions and all that entails, from sourcing materials, marketing of the exhibitions, acquisitions and maintenance of the exhibits.
- Development and implementation of grant proposals: fundraising experience a plus.
- Public Relations experience is an advantage, working with a diverse community and large membership base will require good communication skills and contact with the media.
- Other duties as assigned or necessary to accomplish the objectives of the NHCS.
- The candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, plus a minimum of 5 years management experience. Preference given to candidates who have previous experience with similar non-profits and NGO’s.
- Computer literacy in a broad range of programmes is essential, including word processing, database programmes, Power Point etc.
- The Candidate should have demonstrated experience in Historical heritage, Cultural and Environmental studies, as well as knowledge of Museum and Archival principles.
- Must be exceptionally well organised, with excellent writing and verbal skills and will require excellent communication and motivational skills to work with the different groups that make up the NHCS.
- There will be opportunities for additional training relevant to the activities of the NHCS. Therefore, candidates should be available to travel from time to time and should be flexible when some projects require working at weekends.
Interested candidates should forward their applications and resumes to email email@example.com or by mail to: