1. What is your name and age, and where do you presently reside?
My name is Kaneisa Byron. I live at Cherry Garden St. John’s Nevis. I’ll leave the age part to your imagination.
2. Name all institutions where you’ve attained your education, from Pre School up.
Wings of love pre school.
Basseterre Junior High School
Basseterre High School
3. How would you describe yourself?
I think I’m a little too trusting one of my many flaws but on the positive side I’m down to earth adventurous, fun, strong will, caring a bit sarcastic n sometimes a little crazy not the bite up people type of crazy though. Just like to be different.
4. What is the one thing about you that you like best and why?
I like the fact that In spite of negative situations I’m still able to overcome obstacles and boulders thrown at me, even if it takes a little while I always get back up when I fall. It makes me stronger
5. Outline the things you enjoy doing during your leisure time.
I love listening to music, singing, spending time with my daughter and nephew, dancing, spending time with people who makes me laugh as well as sleeping.
6. What is your present occupation and are you enjoying it?
I am a Customer Service Rep. To be honest some days are better than some.
7. Are you presently involved / or were involved in any community groups, sports clubs, modelling agencies, red cross or such like? If so, what benefits do you get from this?
I’m a part of the Bath United Football and Netball club. I was once a part of the Red Cross and Prestige Modelling Agency.
8. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
I would have liked to grow up with a sister (older) that way I might have had someone to take some the licks for me. With 3 brothers and being the older you can imagine how often licks used to share.
9. Name one person other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life. Why?
My Daughter. Having her made me change a lot of things about myself and the concept I had on life.
10. No matter how simple it is, what would you say is your proudest personal achievement to date?
The day I gave birth to my little girl.
11. Explain an embarrassing moment or situation that you remember happened to you. (ha ha ha)
Walking up Fort Street on a Friday afternoon ignoring all the seeps then my shoe heel decides to brake. I stood in one spot until my brother came to pick me up everyone had a field day all the next week all you’re hearing that ain’t de girl so had more style n no good shoes.
12. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
Negative jokes about my family.
13. What would you say is your life’s mantra (motto)?
Never give up on something you believe in.
14. What do you value most in a relationship?
Communication, respect understanding.
15. Name a Song that always makes you think about a special person.
I will always love you. Whitney Houston
16. If you could trade places with anyone in the world who would it be and why?
No one because with all the disappointments and negative things that goes wrong only makes me value life more when the good times come around.
17. If you were guaranteed honest responses to two questions by a world famous personality, whom would you question, and what would you ask?
I would like to ask Vin Dessel if he would marry me and my next question would be based on his response. If yes when if no why not.
18. What was the high point of this year so far?
Waking up to see another day.
19. 10 years from now, what do you hope to have accomplished?
To be a fully trained Architect, to have my own home, transportation business and a family. God bless the child that has his own.
20. Have you ever entered a pageant(s)? If so, name it/them and your position placed.
I entered Miss Venus I placed 3rd
21. Other than wining the Miss Culture Swim Wear Contest, what do you hope to achieve by being crowned Miss Culture Swim Wear 2013?
To gain more confidence, experience and make some new friends.
22. What do you want the judges to know about you?
Nothing really. Makes it boring when they already know what to expect from me.
23. Give three words that best describes Nevis Culturama.
Lost its Touch.
24. If you had one wish for Nevis’ Culturama, what would it be?
To take Politics out of it and bring back the sweetness into the culturama.
25. How are preparations for the Miss Culture Swim Wear Contest going so far?
26. Be truthful! How is the relationship with the other contestants?
27. Are you enjoying working with the planning committee?
Yes I am just wish things would go a little faster.
28. Is the pageant what you imagined it to be?
I never really thought about it much to be honest.
29. From your experience so far, would you encourage other young ladies to enter the Miss Culture Swim Wear Contest? Why?
In my opinion its not just about the competition but the journey. It helps you to develop new skills and find out things about yourself you probably never really knew or took into consideration. So yes I would encourage others to enter.
30. Lights, Camera! Action! You are announced Miss Culture Swim Wear 2013…What would be your first reaction? (LOL)
I just might start doing cart wheels then gangnam style lolol. Just kidding would probably be shocked and just open my big eyes even bigger.
We want to know some of your favourite things:
31. Favourite colour:
Purple of course
32. Favourite gadget:
Hmmmmmm!!!! I don’t know. LOL
33. Favourite wardrobe item:
34. Favourite TV Shows:
NCIS, House and Suits.
35. Favourite local food:
Dumplin and Salt fish.
36. Favourite local song:
37. Favourite local band:
38. Favourite time period of the day:
Home Time is my favourite time of the day.
39. Favorite place to be. Home
40. Favourite body part (lol)
Depends on whose body we’re speaking about.
Good Luck with your preparations for the show.