1.What is your name and age, and where do you presently reside?
Name: De Syl “Nick” Hamilton
Address: Rawlins, Gingerland, Nevis.
2. Name all institutions where you’ve attained your education, from Pre School up.
Susan’s Pre School (St. Kitts)
Dr. William Connor Primary School (St. Kitts)
Washington Archibald High School (St. Kitts)
Charlestown Secondary School
Clarence Fitzroy Bryant College
3. How would you describe yourself?
I’m am an imaginative thinker, cool and composed with a spontaneous wild side.
4. What is the one thing about you that makes you kool?
I have a unique sense of expressing myself, most people are surprised and intrigued by my personality.
5. Outline the things you enjoy doing during your leisure time.
During my leisure time I enjoy playing video games, singing, exercising, and having a good time with my friends.
6. What is your present occupation and are you enjoying it?
Occupation: Collections Clerk – Myrna Walwyn & Associates. I enjoy my work very much, I have a lot of responsibility and I have learned a lot about the law. I’ve met some interesting people as well.
7. Are you presently involved / or were involved in any community groups, sports clubs, modelling agencies, red cross or such like? If so, what benefits do you get from this?
I was involved in the Pathfinder and Adventist Youth Ministries of the Seventh Day Adventist Church. The benefits of such involvement included, learning various outdoors and camping skills, and interpersonal skills. Also we do a lot of community outreach where we try our best to offer Christian help to the people in our communities.
8. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
Looking back, I am really thankful for the training and experiences I’ve had which has molded me into the person I am today, so If I could change anything I probably would chose not to.
9. Name one person other than your parents, who has had the most influence on your life. Why?
Aside from my parents I would say that my friend Damian Walters has had a lot of influence in my life. I can count on him to tell me straight up when I am doing something wrong and give some solid advice to. He is a very mature thinker considering his age. Friends like that don’t come easy.
10. No matter how simple it is, what would you say is your proudest personal achievement to date?
Facing my fear of Zombies by playing and completing “The Walking Dead Episodes” on my Xbox360.
11. Explain an embarrassing moment or situation that you remember happened to you. (LOL)
I was walking on the main road one day and it started raining. It wasn’t heavy rainfall but it was noticeable. While trying to hurry to my destination a vehicle stopped a little ways ahead of me. I immediately assumed that they were going to offer me a ride considering the situation so I hurried towards the vehicle. When I caught up to the vehicle the driver inside turned down his glass and politely asked me to toss some trash he had inside into a nearby garbage of which I did. He said thanks then drove off. I was so embarrassed as you can guess it was still raining and I had a ways to go.
12. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
A person’s sexuality is too serious to be joked about. For some the Mr. Kool competition has an unfortunate stigma of homosexuality. I think that makes light of a very serious competition that can be very beneficial to a male’s character development.
13. What would you say is your life’s mantra (motto)?
Nihil Verus, Omnia Licita = Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.
14. What do you value most in a relationship?
Communication. It’s the most basic form of expression and it is the foundation of any relationship.
15. Name a Song that always makes you think about a special person.
The Reason – Hoobastank. The lyrics speak to a very difficult time in my life. “I found a reason for me, to change who I used to be, a reason to start over new, and the reason is you.”
16. If you could trade places with anyone in the world who would it be and why?
Christine Lagarde (CEO of the IMF). The IMF is one of the most powerful lending organizations in the world. I would love to be able to have a hand in shaping their policies and actions
17. If you were guaranteed honest responses to two questions by a world famous personality, whom would you question, and what would you ask?
President Barak Obama – I would ask him how the pressures of the white house spot light affects his family relationships also I would ask him where he keeps the nukes.
18. What was the high point of this year so far?
My high point for the year so far was entering the Mr. Kool contest.
19. 10 years from now, what do you hope to have accomplished?
Completed my Masters in Computer Science and be working in the Video game Industry hopefully on my way to owning my own development studio.
20. Have you ever entered a contest such as this one?
21. Other than wining the Mr. Kool Contest, what do you hope to achieve by being crowned Mr. Kool 2013?
By being crowned Mr. Cool I would hope to achieve my goal of showing the world that the short, slim, nerdy guy can be just as cool as anyone else because being cool is all about embracing who you are and putting your best forward.
22. What do you want the judges to know about you?
I’m a small guy with big dreams of changing the world for the better.
23. Give three words that best describes Nevis’ Culturama.
Exciting, Creative, Inviting.
24. If you had one wish for Nevis’ Culturama, what would it be?
I would wish that it generates a profitable amount of revenue for the Island Economy.
25. How are preparations for the Mr. Kool Contest going so far?
It’s really challenging; I want make sure everything is on point so that people are happy with my performance and continue to support Culturama.
26. How is it relating with the other participants?
It’s like having another family. Everyone gets along so well even though we are competing against each other.
27. Are you enjoying working with the planning committee?
We have a great relationship. The Committee wants to see everyone do their best; they try as hard as they can to make sure that happens.
28. Is the contest what you imagined it to be?
Actually it’s a lot more than what I expected, but it’s a challenge that I am more than able to face and conquer!
29. From your experience so far, would you encourage other young males to enter the Mr. Kool Contest?
Yes, it’s a great way to get you out there and market yourself you never know what might happen as a result of your participation. Opportunities are all around us, we just have to give them a try. It is also a great way to build and challenge your character.
30. Lights, Camera! Action! You are announced Mr. Kool 2013…What would be your first reaction?
I would hope to fall to my knees and thank God for the achievement then I would look for my chaperones, family and friends who supported me throughout the competition.
We want to know some of your favourite things:
31. Favourite sport: Basketball
32. Favourite gadget: Smartphone
33. Favourite vehicle of choice: Nissan Skyline GTR
34. Favourite TV Show: Game of Thrones
35. Favourite local food: Cook up
36. Favourite local song: Invincible – Charles Emmanuel
37. Favourite local band: Charles Emmanuel
38. Favourite time period of the day: Night.
39. Favourite place to be: Home.
40. Favourite body part: Legs.
Good Luck with your preparations for the contest.