This morning, 600+ attendees plus thousands of people viewing and listening around the world heard Prime Minister Dr. the Honourable Timothy Harris say at the historic National Ceremony for the Dedication of the National Heroes’ Park and Wreath Laying to Pay Tribute to the Federation’s National Heroes:
“I am pleased to advise that the Cabinet accepted the recommendations from the National Honours Awards Committee, and His Excellency the Governor General has graciously consented to confer the following:
· Lady Hulda Lawrence – the Star of Merit for services in music.
· Ms. Clarice Cotton – Medal of Honour for services in education and special education in particular.
· Mrs. Sylvia Isaac – Medal of Honour for services in health and nursing in particular.
· Mrs. Vanta Walters – Medal of Honour for services in education and early childhood education in particular.
· Mrs. Dahlia John – Medal of Honour for services in Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and hospitality in particular.
Please let’s give these our citizens a round of applause for outstanding and meritorious service to our people and nation.”