NEVIS, WEST INDIES – SEPTEMBER 17, 2014 – Fodor’s Travel, the leading name in travel guides for more than 75 years, today announced that Nisbet Plantation Beach Club has been recognized as a 2014 Fodor’s 100 Hotel Award winner. This distinction designates Nisbet Plantation Beach Club as an outstanding hotel as selected by Fodor’s editors and travel experts, recognizing high style, excellent service and a remarkable experience for guests. Nisbet Plantation was also one of the 24 winners within the top 100 to receive a coveted “Readers’ Choice” award.
Each year, Fodor’s Travel invites their roster of 500 global contributors to nominate the best hotels in the destinations they live and write in. Fodor’s senior editorial team deliberated on over 4,000 Fodor’s Choice picks, pouring over the list for months and narrowing their top selections into eight categories:
• All-Inclusive Vacations — From Antigua to Australia, these properties take care of all the details, so you can fast-forward to complete relaxation.
• Beach Getaways — If you dream of sandy beaches and lapping waves, consider escaping to one of these 12 resorts, from Oahu to Cancun.
• Boutique Chic — Tightly curated décor and local style define these 15 smaller hotels, from Calistoga to Zurich.
• Country Retreats — Romance and relaxation are among the draws at these 11 scenic properties, ranging from grand estates to mountaintop hideaways.
• Enduring Classics — These legendary properties around the world, from Rio to Paris, are more impressive than ever.
• Modern City — Sleek design and desirable addresses are the calling cards of these stylish urban hotels.
• Small Hotels — At these intimate hotels, all with fewer than 50 guest rooms, expect personalized attention and one-of-a-kind experiences.
• Trip of A Lifetime — From Bora Bora to Botswana, these 12 iconic destinations belong on every traveler’s bucket list.
“At Fodor’s Travel, we know our travelers have high expectations from the moment they check into a hotel — and so do we,” explained Arabella Bowen, Fodor’s Travel Editor in Chief. “Our 100 Fodor’s Hotel Award winners go above and beyond these expectations with their winning mix of service, setting, style, and amenities. We’re confident that a night at any of these properties will be a highlight of the trip.”
Nisbet Plantation Beach Club has been chosen for the 2014 Fodor’s 100 Hotel Awards in the Beach Getaways category. “On behalf of the ladies and gentlemen of Nisbet Plantation, it is an honor to be recognized by Fodor’s Travel for delivering on our deep passion to welcome guests to our island home and provide a memorable, meaningful vacation experience,” comments Alistair W.L. Forrest, General Manager at Nisbet Plantation Beach Club. “This year marks the 25th anniversary of ownership of Nisbet Plantation for Mr. David Dodwell and this Fodor’s award recognizes the international acclaim and loyal following garnered under his vision.”
As a 2014 Fodor’s 100 Hotel Award-winning property, Nisbet Plantation Beach Club will be featured on www.Fodors.com. A complete list of all 100 selected hotels is available at http://www.fodors.com/hotel-awards/2014/.
Fodor’s Travel covers 7,500 destinations and more than 17,000 of the best hotels around the globe, each of which receives an in-person evaluation. Fodor’s editors’ decades of experience helps take the guesswork out of trip planning, recommending only those hotels, restaurants, and things to do that meet their high standards, and designating the absolute musts with “Fodor’s Choice.” Whether travelers use print guidebooks, ebooks, mobile apps, or Fodors.com, Fodor’s provides highly curated advice on how to travel smarter, including the best arts and culture offerings, where to eat and stay at every price point, and tips and strategies for an authentic and immersive experience.