Judicial police have questioned at last 21 presidential guards as Haitian authorities continue their investigations into the assassination of President Jovenel Moise one week ago at his private residence.
The authorities have also prevented the owner of a private security firm from leaving the country and has issued wanted notices for three other men whom they say are “armed and dangerous”.
The police said that the 21 presidential guards were present on the night Moise was killed and his wife seriously injured, when the armed gunmen, alleged to be former Colombian army officers, carried out the attack.
In addition, the authorities have seized the mobile phones of the guards.
On Tuesday, the National Police of Haiti issued three wanted notices for men who they said are accused of “murder, attempted murder, armed robbery”.
Among the men are a former legislator, John Joel Joseph, and Rodolphe Jaar, a businessman and manager of several companies.
The third wanted man has been identified as Joseph Félix Badio, a former official of the Unit for the Fight against Corruption.
Meanwhile, as part of the investigations, Government Commissioner Bedford Claude has placed a ban on Corvington Reynaldo from leaving the country by air, sea or land.
Reynaldo owns a private security company, called Corvington Courier & Security Service, which according to its website provides tips on how to survive a kidnapping.
Earlier this week, the police announced a Florida-based doctor had been arrested in connection with the killing.
Haiti’s national police chief, Léon Charles, said that Christian Emmanuel Sanon is the third US-based individual tied to the assassination.
Haiti has also issued a wanted bulletin for a former Colombian military officer, whom it claims had travelled to the country at least one day before the assassination of the president.