One year since Dylon Clarke vanished into thin air on Nevis

By: Gavincia Clarke

(CHARLESTOWN, NEVIS)- Sunday, April 28, 2013 will mark one year since teenager, Dylon Clarke vanished without a trace. This has left his family, friends and the residence of Nevis in sorrow and shock at his unexplained disappearance.

Dylon left his residence at Church Ground on the Saturday afternoon of April 28, 2012 wearing a yellow polo t-shirt, a pair of jean shorts and a pair of black Nike slippers.

It was reported that Dylon was last seen at the Moonlight Bar in Church Ground that same afternoon. It is said that he left that bar sometime about 6:00 p.m. When he left the bar, he indicated that he was going by a friend. According to eye-witness, Dylon walked to the direction of Cane Garden using the back roads. After that the seventeen year old was never seen since.

The news of the missing teen surfaced when a report was made on the following Sunday night to the Charlestown Police Station.

In the days and weeks following, search parties were organized and many persons turned out to search various locations island wide, but all proved futile. The searches were eventually called off.

Sometime after Dylon’s disappearance the local Police solicited help from the USVI Police Tactical Unit K9 Department. Two Cadaver dogs trained in detecting the odor of decomposing bodies picked up a scent in Cane Garden but Dylon’s body was not found. The area was dug up but nothing was found.

Dylon was scheduled to write his CXC examination the week after his disappearance.

This year, January 22, 2013 Dylon would have celebrated his 18th birthday. Friends and classmates of the deceased expressed their grief via facebook on that said day.

Family and friends of the teen admitted that Dylon may not be alive but the burden of not knowing what happened is still very heart breaking.

Anyone with any information about the Dylon Clarke is asked to report the same to the nearest police station in the Federation.

You might also like