Basseterre, St. Kitts, November 6, 2013 (SKNIS) U.S. citizens living in St. Kitts and Nevis will be given the opportunity to meet with a US consular, who would provide them with services including acceptance of applications for US passports and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA).

Appointments in St. Kitts will be held in the St. Lucia Meeting Room at the St. Kitts Marriott Resort on the following days:

Monday, November 11: 8:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m and 1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Tuesday, November 12: 8:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m and 1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Wednesday, November 13: 8:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m

In Nevis, appointments will be held at the Alexander Hamilton Museum on:

Thursday, November 14: 8:30 a.m. -11:30 a.m and 1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.

Persons wishing to meet with the consular must arrange an appointment online with the Consular Officer at http://barbados.usembassy.gov/acs_consularvisists.html.

According to a press release from the U.S Embassy to Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean, fees must be paid by international money order or bank draft (containing the current amount as no refunds will be issued) made out to “U.S. Embassy.”

Fees are as follows:

· Child’s passport (under age 16): US$105

· First adult passport :US$135

· CRBA: US$100

· Notarials: US$50 per signature

If persons are renewing a ten-year passport issued less than 15 years ago, and can present their expired passport, they may apply by mail directly to the Embassy for a fee of US$110. If in any case a previous ten-year passport issued less than fifteen years ago cannot be presented, the fees will be US$135.

All applicants must provide completed passport application, two passport-size photos (2” x 2”), proof of U.S. citizenship such as previous U.S. passport, U.S. birth certificate, or U.S. naturalization certificate and social security card. Applicants are advised to bring originals and photocopies of all documents. In addition to all documents, a prepaid air way bill (FEDEX, DHL, LIAT Quickpack, etc) must be provided in order to have the new passport mailed back.

For a child under age 16, if both parents are listed on the birth certificate, both parents must appear in person with the child or they may submit a notarized statement of consent from the absent parent. More information regarding children under 16 years, can be obtained from http://www.travel.state.gov/passport/get/minors/minors_834.html.

Additional information on U.S. citizen services and links to application forms are available on the U.S. Department of State’s website at http://travel.state.gov.

You might also like